Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where's my missing piece?

Today I woke up with my wonderful husband in my own comfy bed in my own beautiful house. I had my choice of nice clothes to wear and yummy food for breakfast. As things came up during the day, I was able to call my parents and friends to talk out my emotions. Even with all the blessings in my life, there was still a piece that was noticeably (to me) missing. Today I woke up as a mother- with no children.

Today, there were 133,000 American children that woke up with a peice missing. They have food and shelter, friends and caregivers. They are children with no parents. They are waiting for their missing piece.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see Me anymore, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live." John 14:18 & 19 NIV

I am an adult who made the choice to flirt with foster care. The kids who need homes had no choice. Their waiting is tragic. I spend a ridiculous amount of  time looking at the photolistings of kids waiting for families in the foster care system. Although my plight of being a waiting mother is not as awful as being a waiting child, I know what it feels like to want your missing peice.

I encourage anyone who happens upon this blog to take a look into the links below and consider if you are the missing peice for one of these kids. It doesn't take superhuman strength-  just love- to parent a child who needs you.

Freddie Mac- Wednesday's Child
Children Awaiting Parents
AdoptUsKids
Reece's Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment