Sunday, May 13, 2012

Never Once

I'm refraining from doing another "this time last year" post. But if you're interested,  click here

My entire adult life has been a crazy ride. From teen bride- to infertile wife- to foster mother- to Mommy of special needs kids.

Today I find myself in a season of harvest- reaping fruit from the struggle, heartache, and tears that the past five or so years have held.

I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness for my marriage and my children. I'm in humble amazement at the healing and fulfilling God has allowed me to experience and witness.

 Foster Care is hard and dark and twisted and beautiful. No other love story can match ours.



 
The ONLY way I made it to Mother's Day 2012 is because I have a God who has good plans for me and will not leave me.

I'm sending blog-hugs out to the women who are still sowing the seeds of heartache and fervent prayer waiting for their story to take an upswing. If you are spending Mother's day questioning your journey or grieving the Motherhood you've dreamed of YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I used to read blogs of families who had adopted or had children placed in their homes who were thriving and I'd get this "Well good for them" attitude. I had started to think our season of loss would never end and we'd have to learn to live without.

Not even a year later, I woke up with my son calling me Mommy and dressed myself and my daughter in matching pink "Blessed by Adoption" Tshirts. We went to church and I sang this song at the top of my lungs.



Never Once- Matt Redman

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment